You can use a QR code for text to share texts or short messages.
This solution can embed up to 1268 characters composed of words, numbers, and even special symbols and emojis—to convey a short thought about something.
The best thing about a text QR code is that you don’t need the internet to access the embedded data. You can scan it right away and get the message hidden behind it.
Aside from that, if you wish to send out bulk QR codes for each unique user, you can do so. You must prepare a CSV file of each text and head over to the bulk QR code button for conversion.
This way, you can create all QR code text in one go. However, it is important to note that the bulk QR code generator only works with a subscription.
You can always sign up using the freemium version first to enjoy using this feature in the meantime.
How to create a QR code for text
- Go to the Free QR Code Generator website online. Sign up for the freemium version if you want to use advanced features like bulk generation.
- Click on the text QR code solution.
- Add a text on the provided text box. A warning will show if you’ve used all the allowed number of characters so you can revise the message.
- Click on the generate QR code button.
- Customize QR code. Customization features include patterns, logos, frames, templates, and color settings.
- Test your QR code by scanning it first on your own device.
- Download, print, and share your QR code.
How to scan a QR code with text?
To scan your QR code, you only need your smartphone. Open up the camera app and hover over the QR code; the scanning should start immediately.
Most smartphones today have built-in QR code scanning features already; this includes Android 8 and above and iOS 11 and up.
In case the camera doesn’t work as a scanner, you might need to check the camera settings first and enable the QR code scanning feature.
If no feature is found in your device, then you can download a third-party scanner in your respective app stores.
5 Creative uses of a text QR code
This QR code solution is one of the easiest, most straightforward solutions. But you can use it in many creative ways, and below are some ways to do so.
Send a confidential message
If there are words you wish to convey to someone but have always been anxious about it, why not hide the words in a QR code instead?
Embed your text message QR code with anything you want to tell someone, so you don’t have to say it to his face. Whether it’s a declaration of love or a secret you want to share, QR codes can preserve its confidentiality.
Share a coupon code