QR codes have been around for decades but have only recently gained popularity as a marketing tool due to restaurants using them to replace printed menus.
QR codes are 2D barcodes that users can scan with a smartphone camera to access information or navigate a website quickly. They can hold more data compared to regular barcodes.
That's why marketers can use these codes to enhance their marketing efforts; from linking customers to landing pages to providing additional product information.
And with a free QR code generator software, you can easily create QR codes to provide a seamless marketing campaign experience. Learn more below.
- Top 10 tips on how to use QR codes in marketing
- 1. Use QR codes to link to landing pages or specific products on your website
- 2. Incorporate QR codes into print materials such as brochures and business cards
- 3. Use QR codes in email campaigns to drive traffic to your website
- 4. Use QR codes in social media posts to promote deals and discounts
- 5. Use QR codes in-store to provide customers with additional product information
- 6. Use QR codes on packaging to provide customers with product reviews
- 7. Use QR codes in direct mail campaigns to track ROI
- 8. Use QR codes in virtual events to provide attendees with additional information
- 9. Use QR codes for a customer loyalty program
- 10. Use QR codes for a virtual scavenger hunt
- Benefits of using QR codes in marketing
- Start your QR code marketing campaign today!
Top 10 tips on how to use QR codes in marketing
1. Use QR codes to link to landing pages or specific products on your website
QR codes can quickly and easily direct customers to your website’s landing page or product. You can use the QR code for product and service launches on this one.
It can be beneficial for promoting a new product or launching a sale or a promo, as customers can scan the URL QR code to be taken directly to the relevant page.
2. Incorporate QR codes into print materials such as brochures and business cards
You can also add QR codes to print materials to provide customers with additional information or to direct them to a website.
For instance, a brochure promoting a new product could have flyers and brochures QR code that takes customers directly to your product page.
Similarly, marketers can use a business card with a QR code to direct customers to your company’s website or LinkedIn page to raise brand awareness.
3. Use QR codes in email campaigns to drive traffic to your website
Businesses can include QR codes in email campaigns to give customers a quick and easy way to access additional information or navigate a website.
For example, an email promoting a sale could include a QR code that takes customers directly to a landing page that features your products on sale.