TikTok is a popular social media platform that allows users to create and share short videos, typically ranging from 15 seconds to 3 minutes.
Users can follow accounts, like videos, comment, and engage with a diverse community of creators.
TikTok has a built-in QR code scanner feature that allows users to scan TikTok QR code directly from the app. Here’s how you can use TikTok as a QR code scanner:
1. Launch the TikTok app on your smartphone
2. On the main screen, you can usually find it by tapping on the “profile” button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon on the upper right of your screen. Click the QR code option
4. Then click the scanner icon on the upper right again. This will activate your device’s camera.
5. Align your device’s camera with the QR code you want to scan. Make sure the QR code is within the frame of your phone’s camera.
When the scanning is successful, it should lead you to another TikTok profile for easy viewing and following.
Snapchat is known for its unique features, such as disappearing photos and videos, augmented reality (AR) lenses, filters, and a Stories feature where users can share moments with their friends or followers.
Snapchat has a built-in QR code scanner feature, too, that allows users to scan QR codes directly from the app. Here’s how you can use Snapchat as a QR code scanner:
1. Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
2. Point your camera at a QR code.
Snapchat should automatically detect the code and display its action or associated information. This could include adding a friend, unlocking special lenses or filters, visiting a website, or other actions linked to the QR code.
LinkedIn is a professional networking platform used by individuals and businesses for career development, networking, job searching, recruiting, and professional content sharing.
Users can connect with other professionals, join groups, follow companies, and engage with content through posts, articles, and discussions.
LinkedIn does not have a built-in QR code scanning feature within the app for general purposes like scanning codes to open websites or other content.
However, LinkedIn utilizes QR codes in a specific way within the app to facilitate networking and connecting with others.
To scan someone else’s LinkedIn QR code:
1. Tap the QR code icon in your profile, then tap “Scan” at the screen’s top right corner.
2. Align your device’s camera with the other person’s LinkedIn QR code.
When the QR code is scanned successfully, LinkedIn will prompt you to visit the person’s profile and provide options to connect, message, or view their profile.
Instagram is a popular social media platform that shares photos, videos, and stories.
It allows users to create and edit visual content, follow other users, engage with posts through likes, comments, and direct messages, and discover content through the Explore feature.
To scan someone else’s QR codes for Instagram:
1. Go to your profile, then follow the earlier steps to access your QR code.
2. At the bottom, tap on “Scan QR Code.”
3. Align your device’s camera with the other person’s Instagram QR code.
When the QR code is successfully scanned, Instagram will prompt you to follow the user whose QR code you scanned.
Because scanning should never be that hard
When you scan QR code on laptop, it’s the same way you scan a QR code on a printed material.
It doesn’t matter in what platform or medium a QR code is found. What’s important is to follow and take note of the factors that contribute to scanning errors.
Create a QR code today using a free QR code generator, and note the helpful tips we’ve left above just for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I scan a QR code from a PDF?
Can I scan a QR code on my laptop screen from a PDF file? Of course, you can.
You might be worried because this QR code is just flashed on the screen compared to the typical QR code that is printed. But in reality, whether a QR code for PDF is digitally flashed or printed, both are scannable.
To scan a QR code from a PDF, just position your scanner over the code, and it will instantly decode the embedded data.
How do I scan a QR code on my computer with Chrome?
You cannot scan a QR code when using Chrome via desktop or computer. However, when using a mobile phone, you can scan a code through the Google Lens.
Simply open chrome then tap on the Google Lens icon, position over the QR code, and wait for the scanning to begin.