QR codes are used by businesses all across different industries. It provides access to product information, promotional offers, and contact information.
QR codes on packaging, clothing wears, and restaurants among others are now prevalent as proof that these barcodes are quite versatile. They continue to bring convenience and elevate business operations, sales, and marketing.
That’s why many business owners find that QR codes are an opportunity to grow more customers and expand their reach.
To fully maximize the potential of QR codes, here are some best practices that a business must follow when using the Free QR Code Generator.
- Best Practice #1: Make sure the QR code is easy to scan
- Best Practice #2: Provide clear instructions on how to scan the QR code
- Best Practice #3: Make sure the QR code leads scanners to useful, relevant information
- Best Practice #4: Test the QR code to ensure it is working properly
- Best Practice #5: Consider using a QR code management platform
Best Practice #1: Make sure the QR code is easy to scan
Having a QR code that is easy to scan is essential for ensuring that customers can access the information it provides.
To make the QR code easy to scan, it’s best to make sure that it’s the appropriate size and is in a location where it can be easily accessed by customers.
A QR code that is too small or is positioned in a location that is hard to reach may be difficult or impossible to scan, which can frustrate customers and reduce the effectiveness of the QR code.
Here are some tips to make sure that the QR code is easy to scan:
- Use a QR code that is at least 1 inch by 1 inch in size.
- Position the QR code at eye level or above, so that it is easy for customers to locate and scan it.
- Avoid placing the QR code in a location where it may be obscured or covered by other objects.
Best Practice #2: Provide clear instructions on how to scan the QR code
Many people may not be familiar with how to scan QR codes, so it is important to provide clear instructions on how to do so.
This can be done through signage or through a website or other digital platform. Some tips for providing clear instructions on how to scan QR codes include:
- Include a brief explanation of what QR codes are and how they work.
- Explain the steps for scanning the QR code, such as opening the camera app on a smartphone and aligning the camera with the QR code.
- Consider providing a demonstration or video showing the process of scanning a QR code.
- If the QR code is being used in a physical location, consider including instructions on how to scan the QR code near the code itself, such as on a sign or on the product packaging.
Best Practice #3: Make sure the QR code leads scanners to useful, relevant information
Your QR code should lead scanners to useful, relevant information. If you want to improve the customer experience and make your brand stand out, make sure you’re adding more value every time they engage in your QR code campaigns.
Here are the best ways to make sure you add more value to your customers with QR Codes:
- Make sure the information provided through the QR code is directly related to the product or service being promoted.
- Make sure the information is easily accessible and easy to navigate. This may involve using a mobile-friendly website or app or providing clear instructions on how to access the information.
- Consider including a call to action in the information provided through the QR code, such as inviting the customer to make a purchase or sign up for a newsletter.
- Consider offering incentives or discounts to customers who scan the QR code, to encourage them to access the information it provides.
Best Practice #4: Test the QR code to ensure it is working properly
Testing the QR code to ensure that it is functioning properly and leading to the intended information is important for ensuring that customers can easily access the information it provides.
If the QR code is not functioning properly, customers may become frustrated and may be less likely to use the QR code in the future. Some suggestions for testing the QR code include:
- Scan the QR code using a variety of different devices, such as smartphones and tablets, to ensure that it is working properly on all platforms.
- Check that the QR code is leading to the correct information and that the information is easily accessible and easy to navigate.
- Test the QR code in a variety of lighting conditions to ensure that it is still easy to scan.
- Consider having multiple people test the QR code to ensure that it is functioning properly for all users.
Best Practice #5: Consider using a QR code management platform
Using a QR code management platform can be beneficial for businesses that are using QR codes on a large scale or for those who want to track the effectiveness of their QR code campaigns. Some benefits of using a QR code management platform include:
- The ability to create and customize QR code to fit the needs of the business.
- The ability to track and analyze the usage of QR codes, including the number of scans and the location of the scans.
- The ability to manage and update the information provided through the QR code, such as changing a promotion or updating contact information.
Some examples of QR code management platforms that businesses can use include Free QR Code Generator and QR TIGER. These platforms offer a range of features and pricing options to fit the needs of different businesses.
5 ways businesses can use QR codes
- Sharing product information
QR codes can be used by businesses to provide customers with access to information about products, such as descriptions, features, and pricing.
Retail QR code can be especially useful for businesses with a large product line, as it allows customers to easily access information about specific products.
- Promotions and discounts
QR codes can be used to offer promotions and discounts to customers. For example, a business could create a QR code that provides a discount code for a percentage off the customer’s purchase when scanned.
- Contact information
Business card vCard QR code can be used to provide customers with easy access to a business’s contact information, such as a phone number, email address, and website.
This can be especially useful for businesses that do not have a physical storefront, as it allows customers to easily connect with the business.
- Event Ticketing
QR codes can be used as a convenient way for businesses to sell tickets to events, such as concerts or festivals.
Customers can purchase tickets online and receive a QR code that can be scanned at the event for admission.
- Social media
QR codes can be used to link customers to a business’s social media pages, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This can be a useful way for businesses to build their social media presence and engage with customers.
QR codes for businesses: A must have
In conclusion, QR codes are a convenient and effective tool for businesses. They are a valuable addition to a business’s marketing strategy and can help to enhance the customer experience.
If you want your businesses to grow a step ahead of others, then create your own QR code today with Free QR Code Generator online and maximize your market with a less cost yet efficient marketing tool.
Visit Free QR Code Generator online now and sign up for an account for your business’ guaranteed growth.